[mou] Henslow's Sp - Dakota Co.

James Mattsson mattjim@earthlink.net
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:35:35 -0500

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Drew Smith, Tom Tustison and I refound the singing male Henslow's Sparrow at Ritter Farm Park this morning. Phil Chu and others apparently saw it yesterday.  It is at the very northern portion of the grass field that borders the Prairie Warbler territory (just south of the pines). It sang constantly from exposed perches while we were there between 6:30-7:30am.  HESP has been very difficult to find in Dakota County for many  years.  It was a new county species for each of us.

The Prairie Warbler was easily found as well, although it seems to be singing less frequently now.

Jim
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2627" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Drew Smith, Tom Tustison&nbsp;and I refound the singing male Henslow's Sparrow at Ritter Farm Park this morning. Phil Chu and others apparently saw it yesterday. &nbsp;It is at the very northern portion of the grass field that borders the Prairie Warbler territory (just south of the pines). It sang constantly from exposed perches while we were there between 6:30-7:30am.&nbsp; HESP has been very difficult to find in Dakota County for many&nbsp; years. &nbsp;It was a new county species for each of us. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Prairie Warbler was easily found as well, although it seems to be singing less frequently now.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>