[mou] Two White Winged Doves and Two Loon Chicks

Karen Sussman ksussman@lcp2.net
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:16:46 -0500

--Apple-Mail-8-972969794

Have just returned from kayaking my lake.  I encountered the Loon pair
with two chicks--one in the water and one on the back of the parent.
When paddling back to my house, I observed two White-Winged Doves on
the railing of my deck.
At first I assumed they were the Mourning Doves I have been hearing;
however, they had the conspicuous white on the wings and the deep blue
markings around the eyes.
I observed them through binoculars.  As soon as I moved to get out of
the kayak, they flew off.
I have been watching for them to return, but no luck.
I believe they were feeding on spilled sunflower hearts around the deck
feeders.  So they might come back for an easy meal.
Karen
NE SLC
Little Sand Lake
Karen Sussman  ksussman@lcp2.net
--Apple-Mail-8-972969794

from kayaking my lake.  I encountered the Loon pair with two
chicks--one in the water and one on the back of the parent.

When paddling back to my house, I observed two White-Winged Doves on
the railing of my deck.

At first I assumed they were the Mourning Doves I have been hearing;
however, they had the conspicuous white on the wings and the deep blue
markings around the eyes.

I observed them through binoculars.  As soon as I moved to get out of
the kayak, they flew off.

I have been watching for them to return, but no luck.

I believe they were feeding on spilled sunflower hearts around the
deck feeders.  So they might come back for an easy meal.

Karen

NE SLC

Little Sand Lake </fontfamily>

ksussman@lcp2.net</fontfamily>