[mou] Polk County Henslow's Sparrow, Yellow Rails, and ? Tern

Emery, Nathaniel G emer0098@mail.crk.umn.edu
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:11:58 -0500

Hi all:
     This morning a Henslow's Sparrow helped me understand that he was =
not happy with my presence by calling and giving me really good looks.  =
If you go east on Polk CR 45 from MN Hwy 32, stop at the first Aspens on =
the south side and he is just south of that clump.  Also just west of =
that site there were 3 Yellow Rails calling still at 9:15.  In that same =
section is an 81 acre pool with a large white tern that I haven't =
identified yet.  I'm tracking down a spotting scope as I type. =20
     Also, I located 2 more male Dickcissels at another location on the =
property 1 mile east of Lee's Nursery off of MN Hwy 32 and another =
mile-ish north on Nature Conservancy property near a large cement =
structure that is the remains of an old center pivot which begs the =
question, WHAT ARE THEY PUTTING IN THE WATER UP HERE?!! =20
     Come see!
=20

Nate Emery
Polk County, NW Minnesota