[mou] Fun with the downtown Duluth peregrines

MARTELL, Mark MMARTELL@audubon.org
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:46:05 -0400

All peregrines in the Midwest are banded with a purple colored USFWS =
bird band. This identifies them at a glance as being Midwest in origin.  =
They are also banded with a black over green alpha-numeric band that is =
meant to be read with a spotting scope allowing identification of adults =
as nest sites.

Band information on midwest peregrines is available through a U of MN =
website at: http://www.midwestperegrine.umn.edu/

Bud Tordoff coordinates data tracking and the database although many =
banders from the cooperating states are involved.

Mark Martell
Director of Bird Conservation
Audubon Minnesota
2357 Ventura Drive #106