[mou] MRVAC general field trips and beginning bird classes

George B Skinner george.skinner@gte.net
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:25:58 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E2F.E9F87E80

The Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC) is pleased to offer =
the following beginning bird classes and general field trips.  All are =
open to the public at no charge.  (In many cases pre-registration is =
requested). =20

Beginning Bird Watching Workshop in Bloomington

Saturday, March 5, 2005 from 3:00 - 5:00 pm=20

George Skinner & Anne Hanley 952-936-0811

Learn how you and your family can experience this popular pastime. =
Increase your observation skills and learn answers to your questions. =
You will expand your knowledge of birds and their habitats in this =
multi-media

class. Experienced volunteers will introduce your local Audubon Chapter =
and the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. Participants will be =
given schedules of free local outings. Class held at Minnesota Valley =
NWR Visitor Center, 3815 American Blvd E, Bloomington.

Sherburne County birding day

Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 5:00am

Craig Mandel - 952-546-3407

Enjoy an early spring day of birding in Sherburne County. We will spend =
time during this trip searching the lakes in the SW portion of the =
county and check along the Mississippi River for waterfowl and any =
lingering Swans. We will also be searching for flocks of Longspurs, Snow =
Buntings and Horned Larks in the more open areas of the county. We will =
stop at a couple wooded areas of the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge =
in search of Owls and Sparrows along the Blue Hill trail. The nearby =
Sand Dunes State Forest offers another mix of habitats to explore and =
with luck we may turn up a Ruffed Grouse or some late winter Finches. =
For more information or to register for the field trip, please contact =
Craig.

Breakfast With The Birds - note date change NEW DATE

Saturday, March 26, 2005, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.=20

RSVP required by Wed, March 23

Jan Stoven 651-738-9411 (h)=20

Join Jan Stoven at her home in Woodbury for a continental breakfast plus =
birdwatching in her back yard. From the comfort of Jan's kitchen you can =
see all the birds that come to her many different feeders. Jan's house =
is right by Ojibway Park, which offers 240 acres of prairie, marsh and =
woods.

=20

Rice/LeSueur County birding day

Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 5:00am=20

Craig Mandel - 952-546-3407

Join us as we explore the wetlands and parks of Rice and LeSueur County. =
 Waterfowl will be the main event on this trip with over 30 species of =
Swan's, Geese and Ducks possible at this time of the year.  We will also =
spend time hiking at the River Bend Nature Center, Falls Creek Park and =
Sakatah Lake State Park in search of woodland species.  We will also =
check out the Waterville Fish hatchery ponds for any early shorebirds. =
We will end our day with a search for American Woodcocks.  For more =
information or to register for the field trip, please contact Craig.

 =20

Beginning Birding Class in Bloomington

Saturday, April 2, 2005, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Minnesota Valley Nat'l Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center

George Tkach, 952-975-2972

If you would like to participate in local field trips offered this =
spring, but feel a little inexperienced, do we have a deal for you! This =
free introductory class will help you start birding. Subjects will =
include bird identification features (field marks); adjustment and use =
of binoculars; where and when to go birding; bird vocalizations and =
audiotapes; field trip participation; etc.

Bring your binoculars and field guides if you have them. Call George =
Tkach to reserve a seat. This class is free and open to the public but =
class size is limited to 25. Related field trip 6:30 April 19 at Wood =
Lake in Richfield.

Posted by George Skinner, field trip coordinator, MRVAC

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E2F.E9F87E80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>The Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC) is pleased to =
offer the=20
following beginning bird classes and general field trips.&nbsp; All are =
open to=20
the public at no charge.&nbsp; (In many&nbsp;cases pre-registration is=20
requested).&nbsp; </P>
<P><STRONG><U>Beginning Bird Watching Workshop in =
Bloomington</U></STRONG></P>
<P>Saturday, March 5, 2005 from 3:00 - 5:00 pm </P>
<P>George Skinner &amp; Anne&nbsp;Hanley&nbsp;952-936-0811</P>
<P>Learn how you and your family can experience this popular pastime. =
Increase=20
your observation skills and learn answers to your questions. You will =
expand=20
your knowledge of birds and their habitats in this multi-media</P>
<P>class. Experienced volunteers will introduce your local Audubon =
Chapter and=20
the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge. Participants will be =
given=20
schedules of free local outings. Class held at Minnesota Valley NWR =
Visitor=20
Center, 3815 American Blvd E, Bloomington.</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2><U><STRONG>
<P>Sherburne County birding day</P></U></STRONG>
<P>Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 5:00am</P>
<P>Craig Mandel - 952-546-3407</P>
<P>Enjoy an early spring day of birding in Sherburne County. We will =
spend time=20
during this trip searching the lakes in&nbsp;the SW portion of the =
county and=20
check along the Mississippi River for waterfowl and any lingering Swans. =
We will=20
also be searching for flocks of Longspurs, Snow Buntings and Horned =
Larks in the=20
more open areas of the county. We will stop at a couple wooded areas of =
the=20
Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge in search of&nbsp;Owls and Sparrows =
along the=20
Blue Hill trail. The nearby&nbsp;Sand Dunes State Forest offers another =
mix of=20
habitats to explore and with luck we may turn up a Ruffed Grouse or some =
late=20
winter Finches.&nbsp;For more information or to register for the field =
trip,=20
please contact Craig.</P>
<P><B><U></U></B>&nbsp;</P>
<P><U><STRONG>Breakfast With The Birds =96 </STRONG>note date=20
change&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face=3DArial><FONT color=3D#ffffff><STRONG>NEW=20
DATE</STRONG></FONT></P></U></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>Saturday, March 26, 2005, 9:00 =96 11:00 a.m. </P><B>
<P>RSVP required by Wed, March 23</P></B>
<P>Jan Stoven 651-738-9411 (h) </P>
<P>Join Jan Stoven at her home in Woodbury for a continental breakfast =
plus=20
birdwatching in her back yard. From the comfort of Jan=92s kitchen you =
can see all=20
the birds that come to her many different feeders. Jan=92s house is =
right by=20
Ojibway Park, which offers 240 acres of prairie, marsh and woods.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><U><STRONG>Rice/LeSueur County birding day</P></U></STRONG>
<P>Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 5:00am </P>
<P>Craig Mandel - 952-546-3407</P>
<P>Join us as we explore the wetlands and parks of Rice and=20
LeSueur&nbsp;County.&nbsp;&nbsp;Waterfowl will be the main event on this =
trip=20
with over 30 species of Swan's, Geese and Ducks possible at this time of =
the=20
year.&nbsp;&nbsp;We will also spend time hiking at the River Bend Nature =

Center,&nbsp;Falls Creek Park and Sakatah Lake State Park in&nbsp;search =
of=20
woodland species.&nbsp;&nbsp;We will also check out the Waterville Fish =
hatchery=20
ponds for any early shorebirds.&nbsp;We will end our day with a search =
for=20
American Woodcocks.&nbsp; For more information or to register for the =
field=20
trip, please contact Craig.</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;</P><B><U>
<P>Beginning Birding Class in Bloomington</P></B></U>
<P>Saturday, April 2, 2005, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.</P>
<P>Minnesota Valley Nat=92l Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center</P>
<P>George Tkach, 952-975-2972</P>
<P>If you would like to participate in local field trips offered this =
spring,=20
but feel a little inexperienced, do we have a deal for you! This free=20
introductory class will help you start birding. Subjects will include =
bird=20
identification features (field marks); adjustment and use of binoculars; =
where=20
and when to go birding; bird vocalizations and audiotapes; field trip=20
participation; etc.</P>
<P>Bring your binoculars and field guides if you have them. Call George =
Tkach to=20
reserve a seat. This class is free and open to the public but class size =
is=20
limited to 25. Related field trip 6:30 April 19 at Wood Lake in =
Richfield.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Posted by George Skinner, field trip coordinator,=20
MRVAC</P></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E2F.E9F87E80--