[mou] Magpie in Aitkin Co.

John Arthur jarthur@visi.com
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:34:08 -0600

On Sunday, March 6th, my son & I were birding in Aitkin Co.

About 1/4th mile south of the intersection of Nature Ave. and 535th Pl,
we saw a Magpie fly over. It was about 75 feet in front or us flying
East to West. We were unable to determine if it was an American Magpie
or Yellow-billed at that distance, but it had what seemed like
impossibly long tail feathers. The white markings were quite visible,
but not much else in the short time we watched this bird.

Other than that, we saw the usual (for this year at least) 11 Great Grey
Owls, 2 Bald Eagles and 15 Snow Buntings at various places around the
county.

Per request for our spending, we spent about $15 for lunck at a cafe in
McGregor and purchased a tank of gas in Aitkin.

Great day,

John Arthur