[mou] boreal owl

Josh Watson jwkinglet@yahoo.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:26:44 -0800 (PST)

--0-1391789802-1110893204=:98085

Hello All,
Sorry I was unable to post this sooner as I was not near a computor all day yesterday.  Anyway at 8:40 am while driving with my mom and sister to Duluth my mom and I spied a boreal owl perched in a young aspen sapling about five feet off the ground at mile marker 101 on the right hand side of the road heading south, southwest down highway 61.  It was right between the mile marker 101 sign and the Cascade River State Park Headquarters sign.  Very beautiful bird and was very cooperative in letting us watch it from our vehicle for a couple minutes.  Also yesterday evening around 6:00 pm I saw four great grey owls along Carlton County road 6.  Good birding to all.

Josh Watson
Grand Marais