[mou] Re: [mnbird] Great Grey- Aitkin & Pine Counties

eckma001 eckma001@umn.edu
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:08:13 CST

GGOs seem to be on the move in Pine County.  The numbers of GGOs in the
Cloverdale-Markville-Duxbury area has dropped significantly.  We are now
seeing only 3-4 a day, down from 30+ per day, and some days we now see none
at all.

We did have a sleeping owl at the entrance to our driveway (CR 137) for at
least six hours on Sunday.  It's eyes were closed, but would turn its head
slowly as though it was listening.  Every few minutes it would open one eye
half-way for a few seconds.
Karlyn Eckman