[mou] Where do YOU eat while out birding Minnesota????

Derric Pennington penn0107@umn.edu
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:34:37 -0600

Help us find the Best Eateries in Minnesota!!!!

Many of us need to stop and refuel while birding Minnesota's great=20
outdoors, be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  For example, just=20
this morning I was out birding at Crosby Farm, where I heard my first=20
Killdeer and Northern Flicker of the year.  Often after a morning=20
birding in St. Paul, I head over to Trotter's Cafe on Cleveland Ave to=20=

have a mid-morning snack.  Trotter's is a restaurant known for=20
supporting local sustainable farms, not to mention just wonderful=20
home-made food!

We want to know about your favorite restaurant, cafe, bed & breakfast,
or other public eatery that serves up great, home-made food.  We
especially want to know about places that serve locally-grown food,
whose menus may include meat from a local rancher, cream and butter from
a nearby dairy, fruits and veggies grown by area farmers, jams and
relishes those farmers put up, honey from the neighborhood apiary,
delicious Minnesota wines, or anything else that makes a wonderfully
short journey from "farm to table."

Please send us the name of the eatery, the town it's located in, any
contact information you may have (phone, address, e-mail) and, if you
know it, the name(s) of the owner(s) and/or chef(s).  All information
can be sent to Derric Pennington at info@rtcinfo.org (please do not=20
reply
to sustag@mail.coafes.umn.edu).

Over the next couple of months we will be gathering your suggestions
and will be selecting a number of these establishments to be featured in
a book and on a website to promote "eating locally."

This project has been made possible by a grant from the North Central
Regional Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program, and is
being carried out by a number of organizations throughout the state.
For more information, contact Renewing the Countryside at
1-866-378-0587.

Happy Spring Birding!!!
=A0

Derric Pennington
Conservation Biology Graduate program
Dept. of Fisheries, Wildlife and Conservation Biology
College of Natural Resources
University of Minnesota
200 Hodson Hall
1980 Folwell Ave