[mou] St. Louis/Lake Co. sightings

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:59:02 -0600

This morning I birded along St. Louis County Road 16 from the Lake
County line to the Sax-Zim area.  There was a male Black-backed
Woodpecker at Jenkins Creek (about 2 miles east of CR 110), a pair of
Boreal Chickadees at the junction of CR 110, and a male Red Crossbill
a mile west of CR 110.  There was also a flock of about 5 Red
Crossbills at the junction of St. Louis CR 44 and CR 55 (Brimson
area).

There was a flock of 7 Evening Grosbeaks along CR 25, 0.8 mile south
of CR 16 (west of Forbes).  I saw my first Northern Harrier of the
spring near here.

A group of 6 Black-billed Magpies was at the junction of Finn Road
and Peary Road, west of Cotton.

This afternoon I saw my first Killdeer and Snow Bunting of the spring
about 2 miles north of Two Harbors.  Ring-billed Gulls are back at
Agate Bay.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors