[mou] Sherburne County 3-26

Andrew D. Bicek bice0004@umn.edu
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:34:49 -0600

Bob Holtz, Matt Hanan and myself birded Sherburne county on Saturday.  Found
48 species, and just missed our goal of topping the temperature with species
found (it was 50F by our vehicle thermometer).  Highlights included:

Western Meadowlark (hard to find in this county anytime of the year, let
alone early spring)
Common Raven (Sand Dunes State Forest)
6 Raptors including (2) Red-shouldered hawks, Sharp-shinned Hawk and
Rough-legged hawk
(2) Northern Shrikes

New spring migrants (at least for me) included Great Blue Heron,
White-throated Sparrow, Killdeer, Sandhill Crane, Pied-billed grebe, and
Common Grackle.  Also found Eastern Pheobe on Sunday in my yard.

Found a few spring migrants, found a few winter remnants, and missed a few
easy birds, for a good day birding.