[mou] Update from Aitkin County

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sun, 01 May 2005 20:56:44 -0500

Bill Stauffer and I birded around the county this weekend and found a
few good birds even though birding in general was slow.  We had a
beautiful PEREGRINE FALCON at the Rice Lake NWR at the far west field, a
GREAT GRAY OWL along C.R.18 about 3 miles east of Highway 169, a GREAT
GRAY OWL and 2 TRUMPETER SWANS at the Moose-Willow WMA south of Hill
City, I found a pair of nesting RAVENS along a hiking trail off of
C.R.1(and they made me feel really unwanted), SHARP-TAILED GROUSE also
along C.R.1,  a NORTHERN GOSHAWK in my yard scaring the birds all over
on Saturday and this afternoon, I had Bluejays start screaming
unendingly and when I went to the back porch, I found that a
SHARP-SHINNED HAWK was putting the coup de grace on  one of my beloved
Starlings ( I am pretty sure I can get over it in time).  Warren Nelson