[mou] MOU Fieldtrip

Cindy Butler Risen cbutler@lcp2.net
Tue, 03 May 2005 10:09:45 -0500

Hello Everyone,

Just another reminder that there is a MOU Fieldtrip scheduled for this
coming Saturday, May 7th. We will meet at 7:30 AM at the entrance of Father
Hennepin State Park in Isle. Isle is located on the south side of Mille
Lacs Lake in northern Mille Lacs County. We will explore trails in Father
Hennepin and Mille Lacs Kathio State Parks for migrants and the many nooks
and crannies along the shores of Mille Lacs Lake for waterbirds and
migrants. Although migration is a bit delayed this spring, birding in
Aitkin & Crow Wing Counties has been very exciting thus far. This is a
great time to be looking for unusual birds along Mille Lacs wooded shores,
and we are hoping that the warm weather from this week will bring the
migrants flooding in. If time allows, we may visit other areas in southern
Aitkin County. Lunch will be fast food in Garrison or you can bring your
own picnic lunch from home to enjoy on the Mille Lacs shore. Kim and Cindy
Risen will be leading.

As always, MOU Fieldtrips are FREE of charge and open to anyone with an
interest in birds, natural history, or going for a walk in the woods. You
can reply to this email with your confirmation, or any questions you might
have regarding the fieldtrip.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Until then...Good Birding!

Kim & Cindy Risen
Tamarack, MN

P.S. A Minnesota State Parks vehicle permit is required to enter the state
parks.