[mou] Shorebirds and other migrants -Olmsted County

Paul Pedersen ppedersen6@charter.net
Wed, 4 May 2005 14:53:20 -0500

Out and about Olmsted County today it seems that shorebirds and other migrants are on the move.

At what we used to call the "Historical Society Pond" (now in front of a church construction site) on the north side of County 22 (AKA Salem Road) just west of 34th Ave SE in SW Rochester were:
--a dozen Pectoral Sandpipers (first ones I've seen in the county this year)
--1 American Golden Plover (still in winter plumage)
--2-3 Semipalmated Plover
--20+ Yellowlegs sp (mixed flock of both kinds)
--8-10 American Pipit

At East Landfill Reservoir today:
--10 Boneparte's Gull
--yesterday (Tuesday) 1 Forster's Tern and 1 Eared Grebe

Paul Pedersen
Stewartville, MN