[mou] Still Good Warblers at Lebanon Hills Park

Richard J Specht rjspecht@juno.com
Mon, 9 May 2005 12:55:01 -0500

Jeanne and I have seen a good variety of warblers in good numbers at
Lebanon Hills Park, yesterday and this morning.  We have been parking in
the Jensen Lake parking lot which is off Pilot Knob, about 1 1/2 miles
south of Cliff Road (Carriage Hills Road - brown sign along Pilot Knob).
We then walk under the bridge to the west side of Pilot Knob and follow
the hiking trail signs.  There are several trails that can be used to
loop back to Pilot Knob.  There are usually trail maps at the Southeast
corner of the Jensen Lake parking lot.  If not, there are posted maps at
several of the intersections while hiking the trails.

Between yesterday and this morning we saw 17 species of warblers and 3
species of vireos plus many other returning migrants.  The trails are
relatively easy to walk on with a few steeper hills at the beginning of
the trails.  The warblers we saw today were feeding in relatively large
flocks.  Once you locate a feeding flock, you should be able to pick out
a good variety of birds.

Good birding,
Rick Specht