[mou] Oriole and Tanger

Katherine Kottke kltk@comcast.net
Fri, 20 May 2005 19:30:54 -0500

--Apple-Mail-42-889300842

Ron When I was living in Rochester we had Baltimore Orioles nesting in=20=

the mature Elm trees . The need mature trees for nesting they love old=20=

Cottonwoods and Elms. Put out Grape jelly and you can see them all=20
summer We often had Scarlet Tanagers but only passing thru i think they=20=

prefer the Northern part of the state for nesting . L.   Check out=20
Sibley for where they nest ..throughout the entire state.
On May 20, 2005, at 6:38 PM, Ron Green wrote:

> Rochester:
> My wife and I were on our daily walk this evening and saw a Scarlet=20
> Tanger. Later on while eating dinner, a Baltimore Oriole landed in a=20=

> small tree outside our window. That is that first time I have even=20
> seen one while living in Minnesota. What a gorgeous bird, actually the=20=

> color of both are extraordinary!
> =A0
> Can anyone tell me whether either bird would be handing around or just=20=

> passing through? If they will stay around for a while, would that be=20=

> just for Spring?
> =A0
> Ron Green
> http://www.greensphotoimages.com/gallery=

--Apple-Mail-42-889300842

Ron When I was living in Rochester we had Baltimore Orioles nesting in
the mature Elm trees . The need mature trees for nesting they love old
Cottonwoods and Elms. Put out Grape jelly and you can see them all
summer We often had Scarlet Tanagers but only passing thru i think
they prefer the Northern part of the state for nesting . L.   Check
out Sibley for where they nest ..throughout the entire state.