[mou] Avocets,Big Stone Cty still there

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Tue, 24 May 2005 09:51:44 EDT

--part1_145.45e5e9f5.2fc48b70_boundary

Monday, May 23, I relocated two of Bill Marengo's four American Avocets on
Hwy. 28, just east of Barry at mile marker 17 (Big Stone County).   The two I
saw were in the wetland on the south side of the highway.   There were many
shorebirds on the north side (looking at the shore near the road from the west
end), but the heat waves were too strong for me to make out much more than
Dunlins.
I tried for but did not find the Yellow-crowned Night Heron in Willmar's
Berquist Park.   I did not know the location of Robin Island.   I searched for
over an hour.
I also tried for, but struck out on the Rock Wren and the Say's Phoebe.   I
was at the quarry from 6:00-7:30 p.m. hoping to avoid business, but 3 trucks
rolled by - we all waved - it seemed fine for me to be there.   I enjoyed lots
of Marbled Godwits cavorting around my car, along with the usual Upland
Sandpipers, Loggerhead Shrikes (2) and sparrows, including at least one LeConte's
calling.
Good birding y'all,
Linda Sparling
Hennepin County

--part1_145.45e5e9f5.2fc48b70_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">Monday, May 23, I relocated two of Bill=
 Marengo's four American Avocets on Hwy. 28, just east of Barry at mile mark=
er 17 (Big Stone County).&nbsp;  The two I saw were in the wetland on the so=
uth side of the highway.&nbsp;  There were many shorebirds on the north side=
 (looking at the shore near the road from the west end), but the heat waves=20=
were too strong for me to make out much more than Dunlins.<BR>
I tried for but did not find the Yellow-crowned Night Heron in Willmar's Ber=
quist Park.&nbsp;  I did not know the location of Robin Island.&nbsp;  I sea=
rched for over an hour. <BR>
I also tried for, but struck out on the Rock Wren and the Say's Phoebe.&nbsp=
;  I was at the quarry from 6:00-7:30 p.m. hoping to avoid business, but 3 t=
rucks rolled by - we all waved - it seemed fine for me to be there.&nbsp;  I=
 enjoyed lots of Marbled Godwits cavorting around my car, along with the usu=
al Upland Sandpipers, Loggerhead Shrikes (2) and sparrows, including at leas=
t one LeConte's calling.<BR>
Good birding y'all,<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin County</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANS=
SERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_145.45e5e9f5.2fc48b70_boundary--