[mou] New addition to website & park point news

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:42:17 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C5DF9A.181DF020

I had some time lately to create a Sax Zim Bog map for those not =
familiar with Sax Zim Bog area.  I added it on my website aand you can =
find it by clicking on the "Sax Zim Bog map" link on my banner. I also =
added a new page on Lake Superior Birding that give some information on =
where the many platforms are located and also some tables of birds which =
might be useful for birders who are addicted to lake scanning as I am. =20

*Also I met the past president of the Park Pt. Community Club and we =
talked about birds and what not but he mentioned to me that the club is =
going to build another viewing platform in between the two boardwalks =
near the airport. He told me that this platform will sit on top of a =
large dune and the dimensions are going to be 12 feet wide by 24 feet =
long. Its purpose is for lake viewing. I told him that will make a lot =
of birders happy to see it built!  This new platform will be about 15 =
feet - 20 feet higher than the current viewing areas they have now and =
they will have the same design as the Lafayette Square platform. That =
means the viewing platform will have solid walls to sit behind when you =
need to take a break from the cold east winds.  He also told me that =
Duluth Audubon Society is involve in this project as well. Right now the =
plans are sitting on City Hall and is moving quite slowly, which is =
typical of Duluth City Hall! He hopes to have it built next summer and =
be ready for next Fall.=20

Other news:

As some of you know I am waiting for the MOU December meeting to get =
appointed as the 2006 MOU Field Trip Chairman.  Some of emailed me =
wondering about the annual MOU winter trip to Duluth. I cannot do any =
announcements on trips till I get appointed.  I have a list of the 2006 =
field trips and I will post them on a new page on my website and also I =
will make a posting on this listserve informing birders about the MOU =
trip 2006 schedule. I am also in contact with the UWS research vessel =
captain and we are going to have several boat trips on Lake Superior.  =
These Lake Superior Pelagic will be part of the MOU Field Trip schedule =
for 2006. I am going to add a Spring boat trip and 3 Fall boat trips.

=20

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C5DF9A.181DF020

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I had some time lately to =
create a Sax=20
Zim Bog map for those not familiar with Sax Zim Bog area.&nbsp; I added =
it on my=20
website aand you can find it by clicking on the "Sax Zim Bog map" link =
on my=20
banner. I also added a new page on Lake Superior Birding that give some=20
information on where the many platforms are located and also some tables =
of=20
birds which might be useful for birders who are addicted to lake =
scanning as I=20
am.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>*Also I met the past =
president of the=20
Park Pt. Community Club and we talked about birds and what not but he =
mentioned=20
to me that the club is going to build another viewing platform in =
between the=20
two boardwalks near the airport. He told me that this platform will sit =
on top=20
of a large dune and the dimensions are going to be 12 feet wide by 24 =
feet long.=20
Its purpose is for lake viewing. I told him that will make&nbsp;a lot=20
of&nbsp;birders happy to see it built!&nbsp; This new platform will be =
about 15=20
feet - 20 feet higher than the current viewing areas they have now and =
they will=20
have the same design as the Lafayette Square platform. That means the =
viewing=20
platform will have solid walls to sit behind when you need to take a =
break from=20
the cold east winds.&nbsp; He also told me that Duluth Audubon Society =
is=20
involve in this project as well. Right now the plans are sitting on City =
Hall=20
and is moving quite slowly, which is typical of Duluth City Hall! He =
hopes to=20
have it built next summer and be ready for next Fall. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Other news:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>As some of you know I am =
waiting for the=20
MOU December meeting to get appointed as the 2006 MOU Field Trip =
Chairman.&nbsp;=20
Some of emailed me wondering about the annual MOU winter trip to Duluth. =
I=20
cannot do any announcements on trips till I get appointed.&nbsp; I have =
a list=20
of the 2006 field trips and I will post them on a new page on my website =
and=20
also I will make a posting on this listserve informing birders about the =
MOU=20
trip 2006 schedule.&nbsp;I am also in contact with the UWS research =
vessel=20
captain and we are going to have several boat trips on Lake =
Superior.&nbsp;=20
These Lake Superior Pelagic will be part of the MOU Field Trip schedule =
for=20
2006. I am going to add a Spring boat trip and 3 Fall boat =
trips.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C5DF9A.181DF020--