[mou] ALERT: Ross' Goose

Chad Heins odunamis@yahoo.com
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 10:22:50 -0800 (PST)

Hey birders!

I discovered a white-phase Ross' Goose mixed with
Cackling and Canada Geese at Spring Lake Park in North
Mankato. This was at 10:45 a.m.  The bird was still
present at 11:00 when Bob Dunlap arrived to get a look
and remained there when we left.

To get to Spring Lake Park, go south from Hwy 14 on
Hwy 169.  Turn right (west) on Webster Avenue (at the
Super America).  Continue on Webster and turn left on
Sherman Blvd.  Go south on Sherman 1 block and turn
right on McKinley Avenue.  This is the entrance to the
park. The lake is readily visible as you enter.

I have digital pics if anyone wants them.

Other highlights of the day: American Pipit, Lapland
Longspur, Pine Siskin, Purple Finch, Sharp-shinned
Hawk, Eastern Bluebird, Harris' Sparrow

Happy Birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN