[mou] California Gull - Duluth, St. Louis Co.

Tom Auer mthomasauer@gmail.com
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:26:54 -0600

------=_Part_44919_8898241.1131240414950

Sorry for the late report on this sighting.

At 9:45 this morning, I (along with Mike Hendrickson) discovered a Second
Winter CALIFORNIA GULL on the Minnesota Breakwall in the Superior Entry. Th=
bird was seen for about 15 minutes, preening and chasing feathers on the
breakwall with the other gulls. It nicely exhibited the key field marks,
including bluish-gray bill and legs. We watched it for awhile, took a few
blurry pics and then watched it drop down onto the water behind the
breakwall, after that it wasn't relocated. The gulls were flushed from the
pier numerous times by a Bald Eagle and after the third or fourth time, hal=
of the gulls departed towards the Superior Landfill. While the bird was see=
only for fifteen minutes and wasn't relocated by numerous observers, it
seems likely that this gull could still be around the area.

I'll put some of the pics that Mike Hendrickon and I put on my website, but
they're increadibly blurry.

Tom Auer
Duluth, MN

--
www.d.umn.edu/~auer0009 <http://www.d.umn.edu/~auer0009>

------=_Part_44919_8898241.1131240414950

Sorry for the late report on this sighting. <br>
At 9:45 this morning, I (along with Mike Hendrickson) discovered a
Second Winter CALIFORNIA GULL on the Minnesota Breakwall in the
Superior Entry. The bird was seen for about 15 minutes, preening and
chasing feathers on the breakwall with the other gulls. It nicely
exhibited the key field marks, including bluish-gray bill and legs. We
watched it for awhile, took a few blurry pics and then watched it drop
down onto the water behind the breakwall, after that it wasn't
relocated. The gulls were flushed from the pier numerous times by a
Bald Eagle and after the third or fourth time, half of the gulls
departed towards the Superior Landfill. While the bird was seen only
for fifteen minutes and wasn't relocated by numerous observers, it
seems likely that this gull could still be around the area.<br>
I'll put some of the pics that Mike Hendrickon and I put on my website, but=
 they're increadibly blurry.<br>
Tom Auer<br>
r0009">www.d.umn.edu/~auer0009</a>

------=_Part_44919_8898241.1131240414950--