[mou] MOURC membership

Peder Svingen psvingen@d.umn.edu
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:17:02 -0600

The Minnesota Ornithologists' Union Records Committee (MOURC) is
seeking a new member for a term of service beginning January 2006.
MOURC implemented term limits about a decade ago; the committee has
added at least one new member annually since that time. MOU membership
and access to e-mail are required of all committee members. The
committee meets face-to-face two or three times annually, and otherwise
conducts its business by e-mail and votes on records electronically.

Qualifications for membership on the committee include skills related
to the identification of birds in Minnesota, knowledge of the status
and distribution of birds in Minnesota, and familiarity with Minnesota
birding locations. Most committee members have demonstrated their
skills prior to selection by submitting written documentation to MOURC.

If you are interested in becoming a member, please write a letter
explaining how you meet the above qualifications, and why you are
interested in serving on the records committee. Nominations are also
welcome. All letters should be sent to me by 1 December 2005;
electronic submission by e-mail is preferred.

Letters will be reviewed, and new members elected, by the committee at
its meeting in early December; after that meeting, I'll contact each
applicant about the status of his or her application. Please feel free
to contact me for further information about serving on the records
committee.

---
Peder H. Svingen
MOURC Chairman