[mou] Ross's Goose, Snow Bunting, L. Hiawatha

Diana Doyle diana@semi-local.com
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:11:24 -0600

Sunday morning (Nov 13) at 11:00 the Ross's Goose was still present  on
Lake Hiawatha (Minneapolis). It was in the large flock of geese at the
northwest end of the lake.

I also saw what I'm pretty sure is a Snow Bunting along the west side
of the lake. It flushed from the unmowed grass and weeds along the golf
course side of the dyke. Plumage was distinctive and I heard the
"didididi" call as it flew off.

I don't know if this is an interesting sighting for this area.  I went
back 30 minutes later but couldn't relocate it.

Diana Doyle, Minneapolis