[mou] More info on Janie Olyphant

Ned Winters nwinters@isd.net
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:08:59 -0600

Cathy Clayton sent this to me and requested that I send this to the
listserves:

To all those who knew Janie Olyphant and have expressed an interest in
learning more about her, the St. Paul Pioneer Press had a lovey obituary in
today's (Nov 16th) edition.  An obiturary is planned for the Star Tribune as
well, but I do not know when it will appear.  Murray is still working on it.
Janie was an "old-timer" in the bird-banding world and had many great
accomplishments, not the least being a record of some 84,000 banding records
to her name.  A memorial service will be held on Monday, November 28 at the
White Bear Unitarian Universalist Church in Mahtomedi at 2 PM.  I am ever
grateful to have been able to call her a dear friend.

Cathy Clayton

Ned Winters
Bloomington, MN
Hennepin County