[mou] Eurasian Collared-Doves, Nicolett County

rdunlap@gac.edu rdunlap@gac.edu
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:18:43 -0600

This afternoon I found 3 Eurasian Collared-Doves just east of the town of
Courtland in western Nicolett County. The birds were actively feeding on the
ground and flying up to sit in trees in front of a house. The location is
nine-tenths of a mile north of Hwy. 14 on CR 21. The house is on the west side
of the road, and there is a blue address sign with number 51605 next to the
house. When the birds were flying and sitting in the trees, it was easy to see
the characteristic undertail pattern. I believe this is a first county record.

Also, I checked to see if the Snowy Owl was still present along CR 21 east of CR
12.  I searched the area but did not find it. Perhaps it moved a few miles north
of there to where a Snowy Owl was reported yesterday along Hwy. 99 west of St.
Peter.

Bob Dunlap, Nicolett County