[mou] Location of the Barred Owl and Location correction

Ron Green rongreen@charter.net
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:04:38 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_03D3_01C5F0B4.91ED6180

Many have sent me emails asking for the location of the Barred Owl. I =
would be glad to share where I find it. I am not the best at giving =
directions, but I will give it a shot.

First though, I need to make a correction on the park name, it is =
"Minnehaha Falls" Park. The location is in the dog run area. (John =
Anderson, if you read this, add whatever is needed for clarification =
purposes. You have seen it more frequently than I and know the details =
of the park more specifically). Anyway, when you enter the gate into the =
dog area, walk to where you come to a set of stairs with a railing. =
Descend them. Continue for about 50 feet or so where there will be a =
fireplace/kiln like structure. Look up in a big tree directly behind it, =
maybe about 20 feet up. That is the second location I found the owl. A =
group of people I met there said it hangs out frequently in that tree. =
If it is not there, check out the ones right by the top of the stairs on =
the fence side. Or, continue down the path about another fifty to a =
hundred feet and there is another big tree right off the path on your =
right. That is the first place we found it sitting. It is usually up in =
a crotch best visible from the side opposite of the path. Again, I would =
guess about 20 feet up. To see it best I found that I had to go off the =
path and look at the owl from the opposite side of the tree from the =
path. Also, watch the people coming to run the dogs. A number =
specifically made it a point to look for it. Apparently, it is a =
regular. Finally, just be aware that many dogs are running unleashed =
(some substantial in size) and will come right up and check you out. I =
will say, in one instance, it was a challenge to focus on taking a shot =
while a determined great dane is jamming his snout in your but and =
crotch! I thought I had showered well that morning! Anyway, just ignore =
them, say hi to the owners, and keep birding. Hope this helps anyone who =
wants to find it. Good luck.
=20
Ron Green
http://www.greensphotoimages.com/gallery
------=_NextPart_000_03D3_01C5F0B4.91ED6180

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Many have sent me emails asking for the =
location of=20
the Barred Owl. I would be glad to share where I find it. I am not the =
best at=20
giving directions, but I will give it a shot.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First though, I need to make a =
correction on the=20
park name, it is&nbsp;"Minnehaha Falls" Park. The location is in the dog =
run=20
area.&nbsp;(John Anderson, if you read this, add whatever is needed for=20
clarification purposes. You have seen it more frequently than I and know =
the=20
details of the park more specifically). Anyway, when you enter the gate =
into the=20
dog area, walk to where you come to a set of stairs with a railing. =
Descend=20
them. Continue for about 50 feet or so where there will be a =
fireplace/kiln like=20
structure. Look up in a big tree&nbsp;directly behind it, maybe about 20 =
feet=20
up. That is the second location I found the owl. A&nbsp;group =
of&nbsp;people I=20
met there said it hangs out&nbsp;frequently in that tree.&nbsp;If it is =
not=20
there, check out the&nbsp;ones&nbsp;right by the top of the stairs on =
the fence=20
side. Or, continue down the path about another fifty to a hundred feet =
and there=20
is&nbsp;another big tree right off the path on&nbsp;your&nbsp;right. =
That=20
is&nbsp;the first place&nbsp;we found it sitting.&nbsp;It is usually =
up&nbsp;in=20
a crotch best visible from the side opposite of the path. Again, I would =
guess=20
about&nbsp;20 feet up. To see it best I found that I had to go off the =
path and=20
look at the owl&nbsp;from the opposite side of the tree from the path.=20
Also,&nbsp;watch the people coming to run the dogs. A =
number&nbsp;specifically=20
made it a point to&nbsp;look for it. Apparently, it is a regular. =
Finally, just=20
be aware that many dogs are running unleashed (some&nbsp;substantial in =
size)=20
and will come right up and check you out. I will say, in one instance, =
it was a=20
challenge to&nbsp;focus on taking a shot while a determined&nbsp;great =
dane is=20
jamming his snout in&nbsp;your but and crotch! I thought I had showered =
well=20
that morning! Anyway,&nbsp;just ignore them, say&nbsp;hi to the owners, =
and keep=20
birding. Hope this helps&nbsp;anyone who wants to&nbsp;find =
it.&nbsp;Good=20
luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ron Green<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.greensphotoimages.com/gallery">http://www.greensphotoi=
mages.com/gallery</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_03D3_01C5F0B4.91ED6180--