[mou] Redwood Co. Varied Thrush

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:48:15 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,

While eating our Thanksgiving dinner in Redwood Falls at about 4:00 this
afternoon, my mother glanced out through the sliding glass door and said
"Look at that robin."  I noticed that the "robin" had an orange throat,
orange supercilium, orange wing bars, and an incomplete dark V necklace.
It was of course a varied thrush.  This is a Minnesota first for me, and a
very pleasant Thanksgiving Day surprise!

I grabbed my dad's point and shoot digital camera and managed to get one
fairly decent picture.  I can provide this to anyone who is interested.
It's not great, but you can tell it's a varied thrush.

My parents live on the north edge of Redwood Falls just above the Redwood
River.  Our backyard abuts the river valley.  The bird was in the backyard
in a small green ash tree.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Pat

Patrick Beauzay