[mou] Airport Snowy owl

Diana Doyle diana@semi-local.com
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:03:21 -0600

--Apple-Mail-1-465779336

I saw Deanne's posting just before going to the airport for a FedEx
drop-off. So decided to take a look around...

Located the snowy owl at 4:00 pm along the new runway, perched near the
perimeter fence on some posts.

Directions: Go to the United/Cont'l/AA Cargo/Freight buildings. The
address of these buildings are 7550 22rd Ave S and 7550 23rd Ave S.
At the end of their driveway is a gravel lot with several trailers and
trucks labeled Premier Electrical.
Walk into this lot, northward, to the far end (you'll see my tracks
approaching the fence (to within 6 feet  :-)
Look northward, toward the flashing X of the runway. There will be a
small hut in this line of sight.
In front of the hut are a cluster of wooden posts. The owl was sitting
on these posts.

Don't know if it was a male or female. Not experienced enough with
snowy owls!

Sorry I couldn't post before dark, but just returned to my computer.

Diana Doyle
Minneapolis

------------------

Begin forwarded message:

  I was returning home from work on 494 going west as a passenger in a
vehicle traveling 50 mph and saw a snowy owl fly up just east of the
new runway.

  Deanne Endrizzi

[...]

</color></bold>Deanne_Endrizzi@fws.gov

</color></bold>November 30, 2005 11:41:43 CST

</color></bold>mou-net@cbs.umn.edu

owl at airport near 24th Ave. (south side)

</bold>