[mou] Lake Superior Trip and after

Pat DeWenter hoocooks4you@yahoo.com
Sat, 1 Oct 2005 17:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1489379637-1128214114=:19510

Just returned to Bemidji after a great day to the east!

The weather was picture perfect as were all the views of Duluth and the Superior coastline!!!  Birders were "unlayering" all morning!  Not only was it warm, but there was hardly a ripple on the lake!

The views of the gliding and flying Sabine's Gulls near the boat were spectacular!!
We want to thank Tom, Mike, Jim and Captain Dan Rau for a wonderful morning!!!!!!!

After leaving the boat we headed up to Two Harbors to see if we could find any Cackling Geese.  From a tip from Jim Lind to look at the golf course, we found 4 Cackling Geese among a large flock of Canada Geese.  A lifer for us and thank you Jim!

At the Two Harbors Airport we saw approximately 75-100 American Pipits in the grass and on the fence posts.  They were EVERYWHERE!!

Pat and Bob DeWenter

--0-1489379637-1128214114=:19510

<DIV>Just returned to Bemidji after a great day to the east!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The weather was picture perfect as were all the views of Duluth and the Superior coastline!!!&nbsp; Birders were "unlayering" all morning!&nbsp; Not only was it warm, but there was hardly a ripple on the lake!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The views of the gliding and flying Sabine's Gulls near the boat were spectacular!!</DIV>
<DIV>We want to thank Tom, Mike, Jim and Captain Dan Rau for a wonderful morning!!!!!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>After leaving the boat we headed up to Two Harbors to see if we could find any Cackling Geese.&nbsp; From a tip from Jim Lind to look at the golf course, we found 4 Cackling Geese among a large flock of Canada Geese.&nbsp; A lifer for us and thank you Jim!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At the Two Harbors Airport we saw approximately 75-100&nbsp;American Pipits in the grass and on the fence posts.&nbsp; They were EVERYWHERE!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Pat and Bob DeWenter<BR></DIV>
--0-1489379637-1128214114=:19510--