[mou] RFI: Yucatan birding

Cyndi K Elias cyndielias@juno.com
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:05:16 -0500

Hello -

I've received an invitation to go on a birding trip to the Yucatan
peninsula in November.  This would be my first trip to Mexico.  But
before I'll let myself  look at a birdlist from the area, I'm trying to
figure out what expenses will be like.  I'm hoping to use my miles to get
me down there and back, but would like to figure out how much I can
expect to spend on hotels, etc.  I'd appreciate any information about
places to stay and prices, if known (I'll start looking on the internet
tomorrow as well), that anyone may have, as well as any other pertinent
information.  My friends have ordered the Howell (and ?) book and are
trying to plan the itinerary in the next couple of days.  I do know that
they are planning to go to Rio Logartos (which is something like the
sister-refuge of Anahuac NWR, where they all work).

Thanks for your help,
Cyndi Elias
cyndielias@juno.com