[mou] Yellow-billed Cuckoo Wood Lake Hennepin Co.

Conny Brunell connybrunell@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:31:36 -0500

------=_NextPart_20617111930381203136406

This afternoon at Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield, Hennepin County I had the pleasure of watching a Yellow-billed Cuckoo from 2-2:15 pm.  It serenely posed in a dense tangle of undergrowth with the sunshine peeking in on it enabling me the opportunity to see that deep yellow orbital ring, and  yellow lower mandible.  The folded dark rufous primaries were visible, and when it dropped to a lower branch the long tail revealed large oval white spots.  It was mesmerizing to have the chance to study this shy, secretive bird under ideal conditions so leisurely.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty.
connybrunell@earthlink.net
------=_NextPart_20617111930381203136406

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2769" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>This afternoon at Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield, Hennepin County I had the pleasure of watching a Yellow-billed Cuckoo from 2-2:15 pm.&nbsp; It serenely posed in a dense tangle of undergrowth with the sunshine peeking in on it enabling me the opportunity to see that deep yellow orbital ring, and&nbsp; yellow lower mandible.&nbsp; The folded dark rufous primaries were visible, and when it dropped to a lower branch the long tail revealed large oval white spots.&nbsp; It was mesmerizing to have the chance to study this shy, secretive bird under ideal conditions so leisurely.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Conny Brunell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Richfield, Hennepin Cty.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2><A href="mailto:connybrunell@earthlink.net">connybrunell@earthlink.net</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_20617111930381203136406--