[mou] Smith's Longspur - Park Point, Duluth

Tom Auer mthomasauer@gmail.com
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:48:02 -0500

------=_Part_7474_17140568.1129834082624

After completing the entire "death march" (walking all the way to the end o=
Minnesota Point and back) this morning, I was rewarded with a large mixed
flock of Snow Buntings, Lapland Longspurs, and at least one SMITH'S LONGSPU=
near the Sky Harbor airport. It was a non-breeding adult bird, seen well in
flight at close range. I think that there could have very well been more
than one in the large flock, but I was only able to see one bird at any one
time. The flock was frequently moving around at the end of the closest
tarmac to the trail, where all the planes sit. I was watching them right
near the weather station, just inside the fence and a little ways past the
airport buildings. With some patience the flock lands right on the tarmac,
just inside the fence, providing nice looks.

Tom Auer
Duluth, MN

--
www.d.umn.edu/~auer0009 <http://www.d.umn.edu/~auer0009>

------=_Part_7474_17140568.1129834082624

After completing the entire &quot;death march&quot; (walking all the way to=
 the
end of Minnesota Point and back) this morning, I was rewarded with a
large mixed flock of Snow Buntings, Lapland Longspurs, and at least one
SMITH'S LONGSPUR near the Sky Harbor airport. It was a non-breeding
adult bird, seen well in flight at close range. I think that there
could have very well been more than one in the large flock, but I was
only able to see one bird at any one time. The flock was frequently
moving around at the end of the closest tarmac to the trail, where all
the planes sit. I was watching them right near the weather station,
just inside the fence and a little ways past the airport buildings.
With some patience the flock lands right on the tarmac, just inside the
fence, providing nice looks.<br>
Tom Auer<br>
Duluth, MN<br>
09</a>