[mou] Little Gull, Sabine's Gull in Duluth

Peder Svingen psvingen@d.umn.edu
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 22:47:35 -0500

The Little Gull was seen again Sunday (4 Sep) on Lake Superior from
Lafayette Square (31st Street at Minnesota Ave) on Park Point in
Duluth. It was found at about 5:20 PM--the third consecutive afternoon
that it has been seen at this location between 5:00 and 5:30 PM. Twenty
minutes later, a juvenile Sabine's Gull was seen at the same location.
It flew in from the southeast with a small group of Bonaparte's Gulls.
I called Ben Fritchman who had just left after seeing the Little Gull
and he returned to Lafayette Square and also saw the Sabine's. It flew
off towards Wisconsin Point, but reappeared at about 6:15 PM and
eventually landed on the water about 400 yards southeast of Lafayette
Square. It was still sitting on the lake amongst about a dozen
Bonaparte's Gulls when I left at 6:30 PM.
--
Peder H. Svingen--<psvingen@d.umn.edu>--Duluth, MN