[mou] Re: [mnbird] FW: 4 charged with killing owls

MARTELL, Mark MMARTELL@audubon.org
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:15:32 -0400

These folks were caught because their neighbors, who were upset by these =
killings, turned them in.  I take this to mean that most people out =
there want these birds protected and are not willing to tolerate the =
action of a few miscreants.

Mark Martell
Director of Bird Conservation
Audubon Minnesota
2357 Ventura Drive #106
St. Paul, MN 55125
651-739-9332
651-731-1330 (FAX)

-----Original Message-----
From: mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu [mailto:mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu]On
Behalf Of Laura Erickson
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:43 PM
To: Alt, Mark
Cc: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu; mnbird@lists.mnbird.net
Subject: [mou] Re: [mnbird] FW: 4 charged with killing owls

I think their hunting and trapping licenses should be suspended for more
than two years.  The fines seem reasonable, but it does not seem at all
reasonable that after doing something like this they can so quickly =
resume
hunting.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Staff Ornithologist
Binoculars.com
www.birderblog.com

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.=20
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the
winter.

			--Rachel Carson

> Justice is served
>

> Mark Alt