[mou] Re: owls

SSMORTON ssstnnph@mvtvwireless.com
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 07:54:19 -0500

Talking among ourselves is not going to educate those outside our =
listserve.  Why doesn't everyone write a letter to the editor of their =
local newspaper? There are many small papers that might have chosen not =
to publish the story because they didn't think that there was any =
interest. Not only is this a proven way of communicating with those who =
need to be informed, but it also opens the eyes of the editor who might =
in turn choose to write an article about the situation.  Sue Morton, =
Cottonwood, MN
----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net>
To: "mnbird" <mnbird@lists.mnbird.net>; "Mou-net" <mou-net@cbs.umn.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:21 AM
Subject: [mou] Re: owls

According to Larry Oaks, who wrote the article for the Star Trib:

"only one of them - the worst violator - stands to lose hunting =
privileges. One of the game wardens told me they wanted that sanction =
for all four, but it wasn't an option under the citation route, and the =
U.S. Attorney didn't want to formally prosecute the lesser three by =
complaint."

sweston2@comcast.net