[mou] Lesser (?) Scaup (Golden Valley, Hennipin County)

alyssa tiger150@comcast.net
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:28:25 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C65815.8F97B700

A friend just called me and said that there were 3 Lesser Scaup on a =
pond off of Xenia (close to Glenwood Ave.) in Golden Valley, Hennipin =
County. I went to check, and surely enough, all 3 were present: one male =
and two females. Although they wouldn't give good views of themselves, =
(they were sleeping), I believe they were indeed Lesser's becuase of the =
head shape when sleeping, the body shape, and the fact (according to =
Sibley's) that Lesser's outnumber Greater's on ponds. I will check =
tommarrow when they are more active. Also, the Red-breasted's I had =
previously posted about were still present at the other pond. Good =
birding~

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennipin County
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C65815.8F97B700

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A friend just called me and said that =
there were 3=20
Lesser Scaup on a pond off of Xenia (close to Glenwood Ave.)&nbsp;in =
Golden=20
Valley, Hennipin County. I went to check, and surely enough, all 3 were =
present:=20
one male and two females. Although they wouldn't give good views of =
themselves,=20
(they were sleeping), I believe they were indeed Lesser's becuase of the =
head=20
shape when sleeping, the body shape, and the fact (according to =
Sibley's) that=20
Lesser's outnumber Greater's on ponds. I will check tommarrow when they =
are more=20
active. Also, the Red-breasted's I had previously posted about were =
still=20
present at the other pond. Good birding~</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alyssa DeRubeis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Golden Valley, Hennipin=20
County</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C65815.8F97B700--