[mou] Whooping Crane-banded

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:16:36 -0500

I went to go see the Whooping Crane in Todd County this morning. I drove
around a bit, and luckily a Whooping Crane isn't hard to miss. I found the
bird west of Swanville about 1/2 mile south of CR 104. First and foremost,
they are magnificent birds, so seeing the bird was an amazing experience,
especially watching it preen and extend its wings out to stretch.
Unfortunately the bird was banded, most likely meaning it came from the
Wisconsin flock, and thus not countable. Anyway, it had two bands on its
left leg-red and white, and three bands on its right leg-orange, green,
orange.

Ben Fritchman
Fargo, ND