[mou] Weekend Travels

Cindy Risen cbutler@lcp2.net
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:24:08 -0500

HI
Kim and I spent the weekend visiting potential stores for NatureScape News
and doing a little birding, too. We found a Black-headed Gull in a small
pond north of Spirit Lake in Jackson Co. There were a few Bonaparte's
Gulls, 9 species of shorebirds - highlight 17 American Golden Plovers in
Jackson Co. A very cool sighting of a partial albino robin. White back with
pale orange belly. It was very striking. We even got a few photos that
we'll post to our website when I get to work.

Spring seems to be coming to Aitkin County, but we still have Evening
Grosbeaks at the feeder each day and Kim saw a Snowy Owl south of Palisade
on Friday. This morning though, the Eastern Phoebe sings constantly from
the backyard and a pair of Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers performed their
version of dueling drumbeats. (The one using the top of the Wood Duck house
won.)

Cindy Risen
Tamarack, Eastern Aitkin County
www.naturescapenews.com