[mou] Probable N. Pintail x Mallard hybrid (Hennepin Co.)

alyssa tiger150@comcast.net
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:31:13 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C667B4.1EDB2390

Sorry for the late post. On April 23rd around 8:15, I saw, my guess, a =
Northern Pintail and Mallard hybrid (male.) It had the same overall =
shape (tail curls, ect.) of a mallard, yet it had a darker gray body =
like a Pintail and it had white on its neck and chest. It was hard to =
say what shade of green its head was (because it was so dark), but it =
was actually more like a N. Shoveler head's green. Anyways, it was =
swimming with a couple of mallard drakes and in size comparison, it was =
slightly smaller. If anyone thinks that it's  a different combination, =
please e-mail me. Earlier (while I was attending soccer practice), my =
mom said she saw a single male Common Merganser.  Also present was a =
large snapping turtle. This was at Hidden Valley Park off of Boone =
Avenue in New Hope. If anyone needs more specific directions, e-mail me =
on that, too.=20
Good Birding to All~

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.
------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C667B4.1EDB2390

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sorry for the late post. On April 23rd =
around 8:15,=20
I saw, my guess, a Northern Pintail and Mallard hybrid (male.) It had =
the same=20
overall shape (tail curls, ect.) of a mallard, yet it had a darker gray =
body=20
like&nbsp;a Pintail and it had white on its neck and chest. It was hard =
to say=20
what shade of green its head was (because it was so dark), but it was =
actually=20
more like a N. Shoveler head's green. Anyways, it was swimming =
with&nbsp;a=20
couple of mallard drakes and in size comparison, it was slightly =
smaller. If=20
anyone thinks that it's&nbsp; a different combination, please e-mail=20
me.&nbsp;Earlier (while I was attending soccer practice), my mom said =
she saw a=20
single male Common Merganser. &nbsp;Also present was a large snapping=20
turtle.&nbsp;This was at Hidden Valley Park off of Boone Avenue in New =
Hope. If=20
anyone needs more specific directions, e-mail me on that, too. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good Birding to All~</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alyssa DeRubeis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Golden Valley, Hennepin=20
Co.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C667B4.1EDB2390--