[mou] Back the hybrid truck up Mr. Morrison!

Donnelle Burlingame donnelleburlingame@hotmail.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:28:05 -0500

Dude! Wow! I will not be made to feel guilty for driving anywhere to watch
birds, bears or baboons.
You have made way too many assumptions for all of us. I would suggest having
conversations with us as individuals and  find out what we are separately
doing and have done  to contribute to "green" birding and frankly "green"
living. I work at an educational/training center for "at risk" young adults
very few have been exposed to birding so to speak. Last evening my SUV was
at full capacity, people and birding equipment. I introduced the world of
raptors to my co-workers who service these young adults, we visited a few
raptor nests.
By the way one was a man-made osprey platform and the other a peregrine
nesting tray another contribution to restoring once endangered species of
raptors.
These instructors had never seen anything like it in there lives, they were
awestruck. Now how about that for a POSITIVE impact!  We are coordinating
birding trips for our students who many for the first time in there
shattered lives will experience what we feel everyday. For some a connection
will be made and could be passed  on to others especially children in their
lives. SO I have named 2 positive actions for birds. I have a list that goes
back to birth of what I have contributed emotionally, physically,
politically and financially. Vehicles should be filled to capacity, I'll
give you that.  Mr. Morrison, I feel your passion, you are right about
fossil fuel consumption, but your preachin to the choir my friend...preachin
to the choir...get it. Don't make enemies and offend, we are on the same
side... VOTE, VOTE, VOTE your conscious and for the right people who
represent us.
I am on a waiting list to purchase a HYBRID vehicle..I can't wait.....Mr.
Morrison and other birders feel free to use my personal email to
respond.....  :o)
Peace
Donnelle Burlingame