[mou] binoculars

Thomas Maiello thomas@angelem.com
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:27:46 -0500

It is time for me to actually buy a new pair of binoculars.   I have
researched them forever but am having a hard time finding actual pairs
to try out.  I have been to all of the National Camera stores including
55 & 169.  They have a limited stock with only one or two of a few
brands but not the various powers of each brand.  Is there a place in
the cities area where they have a huge variety in stock to try them
out?  It is a big investment and I don't want to settle.  I currently
have 8 year old dog-leg Swift Audubons and love them but I would like
some 10x with excellent optics and but not the sea-going 5 pounders.
Anyone have any suggestions of where to go to try them all out.

Thomas Maiello