[mou] Common Moorhen - Otter Tail County

Jeanie Joppru ajjoppru@wiktel.com
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:27:54 -0500

Shelley Steva and I relocated the Common Moorhen family in Otter Tail
County this afternoon. We saw one adult and one chick. They are in a
cattail slough along CR67/CR8 where they run together for a mile in
northern Otter Tail County, north of New York Mills -east side of the
road. Steve and Diane Millard were also there, and were fortunate to see
three chicks. The birds are very secretive and there are lots of
cattails to hide in. If they are in the open , they are very easy to see
from the county road. No need to leave the road, and no better place to
see them from.

Jeanie Joppru
Pennington County