[mou] Warblers Si! Shorebirds No!

chetmeyers@visi.com chetmeyers@visi.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:20:20 -0500

Chet Meyers writes:
This morning I birded Cedar Lake in Minneapolis and found seven different
species of migrating warbler: Tennessee, Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, Common
Yellowthroat, Nashville, American Redstart, and a number of Canadas.   After
that drove south to Jirik sod farms and 180th marsh.  180th is all but dry, and
there nothing....no thing on the sod farms.  The road that runs perpendicular to
highway 66 at the sod farms is closed and probably will remain so for a week as
they do a major overhaul.  No problem, since the sod farms got little of our
recent rain and I could find no birds there.  Time to focus on fall warblers
until more shorebirds move down.   If anyone gets out to  New Germany please
let us all know what things look like out there.  Maybe they got some rain.
Chet Meyers, Hennepin County