[mou] Sparky/Owl photos needed!

sparky stensaas sparkystensaas@hotmail.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:02:20 +0000

Hello MOU friends,
Stone Ridge Press is publishing a book on northern owls that is due out
Holiday 2006.

We are looking for outstanding photos of northern owls. We do need portraits
but mainly want images of behavior, nesting, juveniles and hunting. Images
should be sharp with good depth of field. We have MANY Great Gray Owl photos
but do need behavior/nesting/feeding shots.

Submission Guidelines:
-Color Slides
-Digital Files
	–File name must have photographers initials & owl species name
	–TIFS or JPEGS sized to AT LEAST 4x6-inches at 300dpi
	–Prefer images with few Photoshop adjustments
	–UNSHARPENED!
-ACCEPTING PHOTOS UNTIL SEPTEMBER 5, 2006. Sooner your images are submitted,
the better your chances!
-Pay will be $30 to $50 per inside image depending on usage. $200 for cover
shot; Photo credit in book. Payment and a complimentary copy of the book
will be sent when book is released.
-Images may be e-mailed (if you have ten or less) or mailed on a CD to
Sparky at the below address:

Great Gray Owl (Strix nebulosa)
Boreal Owl (Aegolius funereus)
Northern Saw-whet Owl (Aegolius acadicus)
Eastern Screech Owl (Megascops asio)
Northern Hawk-Owl (Surnia ulula)
Snowy Owl (Bubo scandiacus)
Great Horned Owl (Bubo virginianus)