[mou] Good Warbler Movement in Hennepin

Don Darnell darnell48@earthlink.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:30:23 -0500

------=_NextPart_884611189778193023453

Stopped by the T.S. Roberts Bird Sanctuary today and, along with another birder (Peter S.),  found a lively pocket of migrants.  Together we marveled at the dozens of warblers and other species feeding on the various berries in the shrubbery  just off the trail.  A big grin high noon field day!

Some of the species present:

Golden-winged W
Black & White W
Connecticut W
Mourning W
Bay-breasted W
Canada W
Redstart
Scarlet Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak

This was the first good mixed-pocket of migrants that either my wife or me have come across since moving to the Twin Cities area in March (from Chicago).  Our first spring here was totally frustrating in the way warblers and thrushes. Now we know they really DO come through.

Don Darnell
Eden Prairie, Hennepin
------=_NextPart_884611189778193023453

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Stopped by the T.S. Roberts Bird Sanctuary today and, along with another birder (Peter S.), &nbsp;found&nbsp;a&nbsp;lively pocket of migrants.&nbsp; Together we&nbsp;marveled&nbsp;at the dozens of warblers and other species feeding on the&nbsp;various berries in the shrubbery&nbsp; just off the trail.&nbsp; A&nbsp;big grin&nbsp;high noon field day!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Some of&nbsp;the species present:&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Golden-winged W</DIV>
<DIV>Black &amp; White W</DIV>
<DIV>Connecticut W</DIV>
<DIV>Mourning W</DIV>
<DIV>Bay-breasted W</DIV>
<DIV>Canada W</DIV>
<DIV>Redstart </DIV>
<DIV>Scarlet Tanager</DIV>
<DIV>Rose-breasted Grosbeak</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This was the first good mixed-pocket of migrants that either my wife or me have come across since moving to the Twin Cities area in March (from Chicago).&nbsp; Our first spring here was totally frustrating in the way warblers and thrushes. Now we know they really DO come through.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don Darnell</DIV>
<DIV>Eden Prairie, Hennepin </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>