[mou] RFI: Seattle and coastal Washington

Cyndi Elias cyndielias@juno.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:57:16 GMT

In September I'll be going to Seattle for a conference.  A couple =

coworkers and I decided to go out a few days early, but this will be =

mostly to see the city.  Due to the postponement of another trip, I =

just started thinking about staying out there another week or so.  =

We'd focus on Puget Sound, and were thinking about doing something =

like a few days on the Olympic Peninsula, followed by one of the San =

Juans, then the city of Victoria, BC.  It would be nice to not have to =

rent a car (not sure if this is possible on the Olympic Peninsula).

Unfortunately, the one pelagic tour company (Westport Seabirds) that I =

know of is booked for the date that fits our trip, but I've heard you =

can see a lot from the ferries and even from shore or kayak (I have =

actually ferried from Port Angeles to Bellingham and did see =

Rhinoceros Auklets a few years ago).  We're on the waiting list with =

Westport.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this area and any recommendations?  =

I haven't even been to Seattle, so any recommendations would be =

welcome.  Birding spots, hotels, restaurants, any other must-dos...  =

My hotel is set up for during the conference, but for the rest of the =

trip we have barely started looking into the details.  =

Thanks in advance,
Cyndi Elias

cyndielias@juno.com