[mou] Good Olde Days for Warblers

chetmeyers@visi.com chetmeyers@visi.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:55:25 -0500

Chet Meyers writes:
O.K. I promise not to continue to bore you all with fall warbler talk, but this
is turning out to be a great migration year, at least around the Minneapolis
city lakes.  Today Steve Carlson and I saw well over 100 birds; one wave had
close to 30 birds in it.  It's been a while since we've seen fall birds like
this. A total of 17 species. Highlights: 2 golden-winged, 1 lateish yellow
warbler, 2 mourning, 2 northern parula, and one of our three Canada warblers
was in splendid spring garb.  We are seeing lots of Canadas this year.
Chet Meyers, Hennepin County