[mou] Resubmit - Saturday post - Possible Wilson's Plover, 20 warbler day in Mille Lacs

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:07:43 -0500

Enclosed is Nathan's and my post from Saturday afternoon - for some reason
did not go through MOU - our apologies for the resulting lateness of this
information - do note that Dedrick Benz & John Hockema were unable to
relocate the possible Wilson's.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties

Exceptional migration day in Mille Lacs County (Hennepin, Mille Lacs Lake &
Milaca Hiking Trails):

* Possible Wilson's Plover, Mille Lacs lakefront:

- Tall plover, upright posture
- Long, single colored bill (dark)
- Thick black neck band (complete)
- Reddish/pink legs
- White eye line, white between eyes, no black around eye (only on forehead)
- Significantly different than SP Plover on beach
- On west side of Mille Lacs Lake, state park area where 35 meets 169,
beach, just south of Vineland Road & the reservation, observed around 12:00
noon for about two minutes, then flew off - near (but not part of) small
flock of Baird's, Semipalmated Sandpipers, single SP Plover, Leasts.

Also had 20 warbler day (primarily at Hennepin State Park):

* Golden-winged
* Tennessee
* Nashville
* Yellow
* Chestnut-sided
* Magnolia
* Cape May
* Yellow-rumped
* Blackburnian
* Pine
* Palm
* Bay-breasted
* Black-and-white
* American Redstart
* Ovenbird
* Northern Waterthrush (heard only)
* Connecticut
* Common Yellowthroat
* Wilson's
* Canada.

Other than that, rather quiet.

Note:  should this prove to be a Wilson's, Nathan (at 14) will have a five
plover MN year (since he had both Snowy and Piping in Big Stone/Lac Qui
Parle).

Good birding to all!

Al & Nathan Schirmacher