[mou] Lake Calhoun... now's the time

Doug Kieser Doug.Kieser@clynch.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:52:01 -0600

A first-winter Glaucous Gull was present on Lake Calhoun late this
afternoon, as well as the continuing Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Doug Kieser
Minneapolis

Chet Meyers writes:

If you are not on your way to Cloquet, you might want to stop by Lake
Calhoun the next few evenings. With things really freezing up in the
north land, we should get a nice mix of birds (and maybe a winter gull)
on Calhoun.  Last night the lesser black-backed was back (after a week's
absence) and we also had common merganser and Amer. goldeneye.  Who
knows what will show up??? scoters, great black-backed gull, smew.
(Whew!) Chet Meyers, Hennepin County