[mou] Redwood Co. Snowy Owl

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 15:49:33 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,

Many thanks to Dean Riemer for posting this sighting earlier today. I
didn't know when I would be home today to post this sighting and thought
there might be some area birders who could dash to Redwood Co. today if
they needed this species for a county list.  This is the first Snowy Owl
I've ever seen in Redwood County. Needless to say I was pretty excited!

I'll post pics of the owl on my Flickr site as soon as I get back to Fargo
on Tuesday (I forgot my USB cord and card reader). If you're interested,
check out the "Hepburn's" Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch that was found in
Rogers, ND. Both Dean and I have photos of this bird.

http://www.ndbirdingsociety.com/index.php (click on the Rarites Photo
Gallery to see Dean's photo of this bird)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patsphotos/

Merry Christmas!

Pat

Patrick Beauzay