[mou] Aitkin County update

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 22:56:36 -0600

        Today Steve and Jo Blanich, Butch Ukura and I birded around the
central part of the county.  We found 2 NORTHERN HAWK OWLS, 5 SNOWY
OWLS, 2 ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS,  about 100 SNOW BUNTINGS, PINE GROSBEAKS.
        The hawk owls were in the same places as I reported from
Saturday: the first, on C.R.56, 2 miles east of hwy 169 near the
conjunction with 350th Ave. The second, about one half mile south of hwy
232 on C.R.5, just south of Palisade.
        The snowy owls were: first, on C.R.1 just north of the junction
with C.R.22. Second,also on C.R.1, one and one half miles north of the
diversion ditch bridge in the field on the west. The other three could
all be seen along 310th ave. From Palisade, go south on C.R.5 for 3
miles to 450th st, then go west for one mile to 310th ave, then north.
The first was on a hay bale on the west side of the road. The second was
on a snag near a yellow building about one mile north on the west side
of the road. The third was on the top of a tall spruce about a mile and
a half north of 450th st..         Warren Nelson